Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Post Marathon life with a twist

Mike and Me! Go Blue!!
My own little rant....so life after the marathon! It's been an interesting life to say the least!! I ran it! It took me a week to accept that I ran, just because of how I did, but after that week I did finally accept that I am a Marathon Runner !! and ready to do another one! But as I was running it my post marathon life was already starting to move along. I am originally from Michigan and my husband and I had been talking if the right opportunity ever came about we would probably go back home. Well that opportunity presented itself just day before we left to go to Atlanta. So not only did I have the actually race in my head to worry about now I had this little thing lingering! Well on the Tuesday after the race, he flew to Michigan had the interview and returned on Thursday and was offered and accepted the position on Friday!! So as you can tell my post marathon life has been in a different sorts. It has now been a month post marathon, and life is anything but normal. I did take the week off from running, but my mind has not turned off.  I have read of people have post-marathon depression, just due to all the training and then it's over! I did have a bit of that but mainly it was everything going on in life!
Bo and Brady
Morgan
I am finally back into a running schedule, that has taken on a different twist since he has left. Oh, yay, he's been up in Michigan since 1st week of April and I am still in Alabama with my dogs & cat. And all the commitments that I had scheduled prior to this turn of events. Since the marathon the one thing that has been out of sorts is running with my running group! We usually have our long runs on Saturday's and Since the life change, I have only been able to make one of them just due to prior commitments that I had made on Saturday's. So I have been running on Sunday's, which has been a bit lonely, but in one sense better get used to it! Seeing that I am not sure where we will be living, not sure where any running groups will be at. All I know is that we might be living close to Mason, MI, so maybe Okemos. I really do hope I find some, because Detroit Marathon training starts soon! I really want to improve (alot) at this race!! I know that I have 1 Saturday open before I make the move! Which hopefully it will be a good run.
I do have one other fun thing scheduled before I leave...Dixie 200 Relay Race This I am looking forward to!! 200 miles, 24 hours, 2 vans, 12 people! My last little trip around the south before moving back north!!

So needless to say, my post marathon life has been unique! but I am ready to start the pre-marathon life again, the training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment