Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Don't Stop Believing......

So as I did my run today after I voted....yes I ran from my house a whole .2miles to the voting center... and then I finished a 6 mile run.


Today was the longest run I have run with my headphones on since the Detroit Marathon and I didn't realize I had made such a good play list! When I ran in Detroit I had only 1 earbud (ok..Yurbud). And I was running with a partner and my brain was focused on the run and the music was just kind of there. But I do remember 1 song and the place I was at when it played....

I was actually in Canada when this song started and to my left across the Detroit river was Joe Louis Arena! I promise not planned at all, I use a shuffle! And as a Michigander and a hockey fan.....we all know this is played at every Red Wings Hockey game and every fan "is just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit" 
But as the song played again today, it made me think I don't want to stop Believing in the goals I have for running! Last week I wrote out my goals that I want to achieve in my life as a runner. I made them realistic and hopefully achievable. I am looking forward to 2013 and hope to cross of my goals as completed! Now the question is to make the public or not!...haha!! 


Did you get out there and vote today?

Do you make goals a year in advanced or race by race?

4 comments:

  1. Haha! So awesome that you were in South Detroit when that song played on your Shuffle. :)

    I voted, but I didn't run today. I usually don't make my running goals in advance. I'll make some larger goals in advance (like running my first marathon in 2012), but I tend to make smaller goals on a race-by-race basis, and I don't even make goals for some races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Canadian, I will be staying up to listen for the results!

    What a great run you had! I've got goals to do my first marathon in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted on Tuesday but didn't run. I was recovering from my long run on Sunday. Good luck with setting your goals for 2013! I like to look ahead but rarely set goals for races.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story goes, that I heard, is they asked Steve Perry "hey, where the heck is South Detroit anyway, isn't that basically Windsor?"
    "No," he said, "we stay there every time we play Detroit. It's called Southfield." Great song though, especially for the Detroit Marathon. I try to make goals a year in advance, or maybe a little less, but I swear I'm aging in dog years these days.

    ReplyDelete