Sunday, February 19, 2012

28 days to go!

Well it is 28 days and counting until the first Full Marathon!! Georgia Marathon there is no turning back now!! Even with an uninvited pain in the ass...that being my IT band! I had the same problem last year when I was training for my first half marathon, but on the left leg, this year right leg. And the part that stinks is that I thought I had learned what to do different...but i guess i didn't learn well enough! So this week I have visited 2 doctors with 2 opinions but I do believe the 2nd one, being a IT band flare up! So I am in rehab and rehab quickly mode! I will be doing everything to get the pain to decrease as quickly as possible!! I made a visit to Fleet Feet, a place I have been visiting way to much here lately! But I got my self and evil device called a foam roller. The first day I day I used it...the pain and discomfort was horrible!! But I know that I have to keep at it!! want to be as pain free at the start of the marathon because I know there will be plenty of pain at the end!! So this upcoming week will all about getting better and hopefully have as little pain while running my last long run this upcoming Saturday!!
Evil but worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment